Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending my current project

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
lskinney
385 Views, 8 Replies

Extending my current project

A friend of mine made a bracket and I need to extend the whole body(length) and make the entire length to 14.075". Can some tell me how to do this. I don't want to remake all of this again. I'm using version 2.0. The part I'm trying to lengthen is the "Light ends". If someone can give step by step tabs to click on would be great. Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wersy
in reply to: lskinney

You could extend the part by half the value on the right before you mirror it.

Message 3 of 9
lskinney
in reply to: wersy

It's full length now. I just need to extend what I have

Message 4 of 9
jhackney1972

You asked to Extend the model to a length of 14.075".  The only body in the supplied model is already 14.875 so you want to shorten the model.  The attached video will show my method, there may be others but this is the first one to come to mind.  My finished model is attached.

Please do not forget to select the "Accept Solution" icon on my post if this solves your question.  Ask if you need further help.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 9
etfrench

Please explain what you mean by 'extend'.  The Light Ends component has multiple length changes already.  It would simplify your model to simply do the first length change and suppress all of others.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
lskinney
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yes this answered the question  thanks a bunch

Message 7 of 9
lskinney

can you help with this other issue? I shortened it to the size I need but now my other bracket still needs to be made a little shorter. I need to duplicate the one in file and shorten each one by 1/16 each for a total of 1/8 inch. 

Message 8 of 9
jhackney1972

You have some modeling issues in this file.  A lot of your sketches are missing references and the biggest problem was that you added a separate body on top of your component called Arm.  I removed this body as it probably was preventing you from accomplishing your required task.  I removed a 1/16" of an inch from both end faces which actually is not "shortening" as you put it but that is all I could do.  The features on the round end WERE NOT adjusted for this shortening, they are in the same location as they were in the original.

When asking a question you need to remember the problem may be clear in your head but you need to add enough information to make it clear to others.  Model attached which is my best guess as to what you want.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 9 of 9
lskinney

Sorry for the bad description of what I'm after. I am after duplicating part first off. Secondly the "light ends" fits the light I want to put inside it but when I go to assemble it with the "arm" and "base" the "light ends" causes the arm to bulge out away from the "light ends" and "base". So I want to shorten the "arm" to fit better between the "light ends" and "base". I've attached the original file so you can see. I don't need the Light End or Base modified. I just need to fix arm and duplicate it (one for each end).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report