Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export DXF problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1140 Views, 6 Replies

Export DXF problem

Hello, I have a problem exporting sketches to DXF. I create a part with this kind of cut, first picture is the part, second is sketch, both ends of curve are tangent to connecting lines. Then i select finished face, use create sketch command and export is as DXF. If both lines are parallel - everything is fine, but if they are not - then i have deformed lines when exporting it to CorelDraw as shown on picture 3. Is this an error on my part, or is it a Fusion issue? If so - is there any kind of workaround? Thanks for advice. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
yqliu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

It's hard to tell why the problem happened. Can you attach your f3d or dxf file here so that we can investigate the reason? If it's not convient for you to share the design, could you import the dxf into other applications, like AutoCAD, Illustrator or Inkscape and see the result in any of them?

Richard

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: yqliu

Of course, here are both. It's not the first time it happened. Sometimes remaking tangent constrains help, sometimes I have to redraw these arcs in CorelDraw. Also sketch itself exports normally, the problem is with create sketch command, but it's really inconvenient to delete projection and construction lines in Corel.

Message 4 of 7
HughesTooling

What program are you opening the DXF with, it looks fine in Rhino.

Clipboard01.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
yqliu

Thanks for sharing the files. I checked and the dxf file is correct. Since Mark also confirmed it's correct in Rihno, it might be a bug of CorelDraw. A workaround you might try is to convert the dxf file into AI format in Illustrator and then import the AI file into CorelDraw.

Richard

Message 6 of 7
HughesTooling

Another program to try is QCad. I opened your file ok with QCad, selected the curve and typed explode into the command line to break the polycurve into lines and arcs. Try the attached export from QCad and see if it's any good.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yes, it's fine. Don't have access to Illustrator, so checked Fusion exports in Solidworks - and also they work just fine, so yes, it's CorelDraw issue from the looks of it. Oh well, thank you all for your time and replies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report