Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing from design line weights

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
catfishking105
1355 Views, 10 Replies

Drawing from design line weights

I was curious if there have been any updates yet on this issue of line weights with Fusion 360 

when you export your model to drawing from design, or if anyone has come up with a solution 

how to manipulate the line weight with another program if need be. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

@catfishking105, Do you mean 2d drawing in Fusion, modifying line weights of 2d drawing view geometries, etc.?  If so, fusion 360 drawing doesn't have user interface to change line weight yet. Current need to other applications such as AutoCAD (output DWG file from AutoCAD, and modify line weight in layer dialog). 

Lori Zhang (Fusion Development)
Message 3 of 11

Well that is most unfortunate as I do not have Auto Cad I could only afford one or the other Fusion or auto Cad, I do have an older version of Autodesk Auto sketch, And I did try to import the drawing into that program and was not even able to view it as a DWG. I will tray again to see if I can do it but I think I may be at the end of my options.
Message 4 of 11

@catfishking105, you could take a try our DWG TRUEVIEW (free version), which could used to view DWG file, convert DWG file to different versions, plot to PDF, and also support editing layer properties (color, line weights, etc.) 

https://www.autodesk.com/products/dwg/viewers#

changeLayerLineWeight_DwgTrueView.png

NOTES: DWG TRUEVIEW 2018 requires WINDOWS 7 SP1, you could try DWG TRUEVIEW 2016 if has issue with TRUEVIEW 2018.  

Older version of DWG TRUEVIEW:  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/dwg-trueview/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/W...

Lori Zhang (Fusion Development)
Message 5 of 11
zhuravliki
in reply to: Maowen_Zhang

DWG export does not help at all. Changing line weight in dimensions layer is doing nothing in Fusion generated DWG file. I tried AutoCAD and TrueView. I can change the line colors, but not the thickness. Fusion drawings are not suitable for the production: equal lines weight creates non-readable output for anything little bit more complex than basic shapes. Unfortunately, almost all production plants operate with readable 2D drawings, so, Fusion 360, with missing basic functionality, completely useless for real world production businesses and can be considered as the software for amateur makers or the beginning engineering education.

Message 6 of 11
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: zhuravliki

@zhuravliki I'm unable to reproduce your problem in AutoCAD, when I edit the lineweight of layers, they plot accurately. Which version of AutoCAD are you using? 

Message 7 of 11
zhuravliki
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hello, TimeraAutodesk,

I tried to change the lineweight in Fusion 360 generated DWG files in Autodesk TrueView 2019 and AutoCAD LT 2018.

I'm attaching the DWG file and the video, which is show my attempts to resolve this situation.

Thank you for your response.

Message 8 of 11
TimeraAutodesk

@zhuravliki, the lineweights are changing, you just don't have them turned on for display. Use the command LWDISPLAY > ON to see them previewed in canvas in AutoCAD.

Message 9 of 11
zhuravliki

TimeraAutodesk, how can I change this option in TrueView? It does not allow me to enter the command. It just shows previous commands, entered from the toolbar menus. Command line is locked and not editable.

Message 10 of 11
TimeraAutodesk

@zhuravliki - ah yes, I thought you were working natively with AutoCAD. TrueView does not have this functionality to display the lineweights in canvas. When you publish out a PDF you should see the lineweights published appropriately.

Message 11 of 11
zhuravliki

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report