Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark mode

178 REPLIES 178
SOLVED
Message 1 of 179
Anonymous
170927 Views, 178 Replies

Dark mode

Hi! Are you expecting to put a dark mode option for fusion 360? The ligh color from the UI hurts my eyes and make to much notority from screen!

Tags (1)
178 REPLIES 178
Message 141 of 179
djones649460
in reply to: Anonymous

This thread was initiated by Rafmongelos on 04-06-2016 06:30 AM and currently as of this reply, it has 118,995 views, and 141 replies counting this one.

The elapsed time since this thread started equals 2,535 days or 6 years, 11 months, and 10 days, I won't quibble about the hours and minutes at this point. We've heard about the health concerns and the work arounds for this lack of features, so kudos to all those who tried to inform the masses 🙂

I won't mention the debates regarding a need for such a feature., both for and against., lol. Fusion 360 used to be a free app and now cost., well, last I checked about $400 annually, I actually paid the first year when they began charging for this. It's obvious AutoDesk does not care about this concern nor this product nor the AutoDesk (Now Paying) customers who use it. Their Flagship Products are sucking up all the resources that they're able/willing to pry away from the stockholder dividends. I've been receiving updates/notices whenever this thread is posted to, and I must say enough is enough. I'm done with this dead horse and with AutoDesk so please AutoDesk, send me another survey to take and I'll be very up front and honest then I'll be done with that too. To many other CAD Programs that already meet the minimum requirements to listen to this anymore. Thanks, but No Thanks.

Message 142 of 179
blind.maker

Interim: "in or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary"

That word you keep using. I do not think it means what you think it means.

It implies an end involving Fusion getting a dark theme. I'm afraid the only end is going to be biting the bullet switching to another product. I've been trying OnShape and it works pretty well with DarkReader, but there are some hiccups, so I'm considering other options, as well. But I don't think waiting on Autodesk is my best course of action. They do not give a crap about my eyes.

Message 143 of 179

Onshape have part and assembly configurations? Weldments? Those are among
my top 10 list for not moving to fusion. I use it in my own business, but I
do simple assemblies and machining. I would never be able to get things
done efficiently in Fusion in my day job. It's just a good 10-15 years
behind in feature set and functionality relative to SW. I don't see why
they can't assign someone to the task of implementing dark mode
immediately, but I also think people who can't live without it are the tiny
minority. Personally, I don't care. Dark mode makes me depressed. 😂
Message 144 of 179
duongtoanut

+1 too

Message 145 of 179
rocifier

Hi, can you please add a dark mode UI option to Fusion360? It's preventing me from committing to it as a daily product, my eyes get sore after just half a dozen hours of use at a time with Fusion360.

Message 146 of 179
prosto_lyubo

+1 I normally use Onshape, but unfortunatelly I am sometimes forced to use F360 and I'm getting blind from its whiteness.

Message 147 of 179
EstebanNM

I can't believe me and my partner just payed for 2 F360 licenses and it doesn't have a true dark mode. My partner will be up in flames tomorrow when I tell him the only way to keep our eyes from burning up is changing the environment and thus the objects look.

You are selling this as a top-notch product, but even bug-filled FreeCAD has a dark theme.

Message 148 of 179
prosto_lyubo
in reply to: EstebanNM

Well, that's the problem with properitary software. We are on the grace of one product owners whim and until they decide (if ever) that dark mode is a money making feature we will never see it.
Message 149 of 179
yangroot

+1

Message 150 of 179
J.Underly

+1

Message 151 of 179
mykolka

7 years of begging...
this is how Autodesk treats its customers. most wanted feature and they just ignore it. I wish new competitors bankrupt you so hard and fast.

Message 152 of 179
adzignQR5DL
in reply to: mykolka

+1

Message 153 of 179
soswow

Just wanted to bump the thread. I haven't commented here yet. But I was waiting for it for years. Decided to check if there are news. Seems like there is not much yet. It's ok. We will wait.

Message 154 of 179
ss-miguelangel

I already put myself in their shoes, and I don't know if, mainly because they were softer an expensive than mine, I already pardoned them; I mean, that's life, remember? We have to be forgiving, live in peace in harmony with that glaring shot of photons, and maybe get over it and repeat ourselves; I love this burning feeling, so, perhaps we can learn to endure our painful existence over this world and remember that, it could be worse, so appreciate as it is, and also there is a saying like if you get blind, you develop another skill, maybe music is my thing, perhaps I create some meaningful insight, everything has a reason, and I already forgive Autodesk I love them. All you need is love. The only thing we can only fix is ourselves; if someone gets a job in Autodesk of us that share this community now, don't forget. There must always be an ignored message that you can fix so thousands of eyes will say aaaaghhhhh......... in a global shared relief. Meanwhile, let's try the light white side of the Fusion 360; maybe it is true blondes have more fun. 

Message 155 of 179
soswow
in reply to: ss-miguelangel

100% this, mate! I agree with everything you said. I guess there can be a middle ground. We can continue apply pressure, which is a pretty normal democratic mechanism in these situations, but we can do it without anger and feeling of entitlement or disappointment (which was a bit in my own message, will change).
Message 156 of 179
blind.maker
in reply to: soswow

For what it's worth, I could not wait any longer. My eye condition has continued to degrade to the point that I just can't use it any more. I switched to OnShape. It doesn't have a dark mode, per se, but works amazingly well with the Dark Reader browser plugin. And it has all of the features I need for what I use CAD for. And really only needed a small learning curve to transition (still learning keyboard shortcuts, though).

I really liked Fusion 360. Unfortunately, Autodesk didn't return the sentiment in the way that I'd hoped. I waited and waited with promises of a new, themeable front-end architecture for Fusion 360; always just around the corner, much like fusion power. While OnShape grass may not be greener, it is, nonetheless, still green. A very blessedly dark green.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry for the spam on this. I'd completely forgotten I'd already pretty much made this point in March. Though I suppose the fact that I've forgotten what I have and haven't said in this thread over the years kinda reinforces the point.

Message 157 of 179
sniper_baiji

dark theme is not for good look , its for health care! please make it , at least dark grey

Is it hard to do?

Message 158 of 179
jbermingham

Bump. This **** is ridiculous. I will not renew my license if they dont add dark mode. 

Do devs actually check the forums?

Message 159 of 179
cib_pro

You can switch inversion filter in windows settings.

cib_pro_0-1694840550816.png

white will be changed to black

Message 160 of 179
dylan__rogers

+1 dark mode... maybe even do it to this forum aswell 😛

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report