Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict when joining 2 rigid bodies

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
665 Views, 3 Replies

Conflict when joining 2 rigid bodies

I'm relatively new to Fusion 360 & have been designing a model Hit & Miss engine. I have attempted to follow all the 'RULES' while designing this model. When I try & join the Hopper/Cylinder & Bearing blocks rigid group (which are attached to a Welding fixture) to Base rigid group, I get an error message 'Selected joint type will result in conflict'. I can't for the life of me work how to do this join without a conflict. I have attached a screencast as well as the .f3d file. I would really appreciate any help with this problem. Thank you. Kind regards, Pete.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

Far as I can tell, all those visible components are locked or joined and cant move, so adding more rigidity is where the error comes from, 

Screencast not working, 

Might help....

Message 3 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

You are double dipping in quite a few places when joining components.

You create rigid joints between individual components in a sub assembly and then create a rigid group of the whole subassembly.

This is one example.

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 8.22.46 AM.png

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Peter & Dave, thank you very much for replying to my post. I now understand. It worked perfectly after removing many of the rigid groups. Apologies for the screencast not showing. I'm not sure why - it was 'pending' for nearly 2 days! Anyway, thank you both again. Regards, Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report