Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurations - Patterns - Rigid Group

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
djlunty
233 Views, 2 Replies

Configurations - Patterns - Rigid Group

In the attached configuration file I have patterned the steel balls and then made a Rigid Group.  When I add the pattern to the configuration table to set the number of balls for each rack, I get a rigid group error for all the configurations except the last one which has all the steel balls on the rack. 

djlunty_1-1716177578130.png

Tried to add suppression to the parameter table but it seems to be all or nothing  - cannot select which instances of the pattern to suppress for each rack.

Is there a way to make the number of steel balls configurable with out generating the rigid group error?

Thank you

Doug

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JamesLodge01
in reply to: djlunty

Hi @djlunty - I downloaded the configure model for examination and received the same error message you have been experiencing.

I found that a way to ensure the Rigid Group is applied to each configuration was to add a separate Rigid Group as per each configuration. This allowed me to assign the Rigid Group, select each individual ball associated with the rigid group and when adding each rigid group to the configuration (right-click on timeline feature and add All), I could then supress from the unwanted configurations as seen in the image. During the check, I selected each configuration front the browser and the error doesn't appear and each configured rack is rigid. Please feel free to take a look at the attached image and updated Fusion file.

Please let me know if this is the outcome required. I'm happy to revisit this if needed as I find Configurations extremely fun to work with.

Message 3 of 3
djlunty
in reply to: JamesLodge01

@JamesLodge01 

that was exactly what I was looking for - thank you

Doug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report