Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components move when editing joint

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
455 Views, 1 Reply

Components move when editing joint

I have a couple of general usage questions.

When I add a component to an assembly, it appears in the center of the assembly or at the origin, or similar point. Often, when I add a joint and want one component to remain in place and the other to move to that new location, the joint shows in the opposite manner until I click "OK". So, if I am adding a component to a larger assembly, the component already on the assembly to which the new piece is added will move instead of the piece being added moving to its proper location. Again, this corrects itself when I finish the mate, but the preview is almost always wrong.

Once I edit this joint, this behavior happens again.

Second question - how do I rotate and pan around the model while editing a joint or doing something similar. I seems as if I am required to leave the edit joint dialog before I can rotate and do other things, but I know that this can't be right.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

Remember this factoid about joints:

FIRST CLICK sets the coin location on the component you want to move.

SECOND CLICK sets the coin location on the component you want it moved to.

Generally accepted practice is to Ground one component of an assembly that is appropriate, and then Joint other components to it using the above factoid.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report