Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tell Fusion 360 that compontent 1 is the same as compontent 2?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Dbl.vanrixtel
283 Views, 7 Replies

Can you tell Fusion 360 that compontent 1 is the same as compontent 2?

Hi,

For my graduation internship I am working on Fusion 360 and generating BOM lists. Now the problem is that not every customer can draw 'neatly' and in a structured way. It therefore happens that the same parts are drawn separately and are therefore called a different component by Fusion. In the BOM list, therefore, the same parts are placed separately below each other. Is it posible to link components together / say they are the same so that they are merged in the BOM list as 2x component 1?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: Dbl.vanrixtel

Hi,

try it this way:

all level_2.png

günther

Message 3 of 8
Dbl.vanrixtel
in reply to: g-andresen

Thank you for your reaction! I just tried it but unfortunately not, since the customer has drawn all parts separately, Fusion doesn't see that they are the same parts. As a result, Fusion separates every part.

Message 4 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: Dbl.vanrixtel

Hi,

@Dbl.vanrixtel  schrieb:

I just tried it but unfortunately not, since the customer has drawn all parts separately, Fusion doesn't see that they are the same parts. As a result, Fusion separates every part.

Then such elements must be grouped into components.

günther

Message 5 of 8

That functionality does not exist in Fusion 360 and quite frankly I would hope it never gets implemented.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your comment! Do you have any idea how I could approach this problem differently?

Message 7 of 8

No, unfortunately not. I realize that this puts you in a precarious situation.

As an intern it might be difficult to explain to a supposedly more experienced user that he's using the software incorrectly. 

Perhaps you explain the BOM situation to the customer and ask him for advice. He might come to the conclusion that he needs to change his workflow ... 

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

Thank u for your time!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report