Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angular dimension

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BradL8068
584 Views, 6 Replies

Angular dimension

awful software. I assume the people writing the code have never used CAD software.

Angular dimension would require no explanation to work in any other software.

The people writing this software need to seriously do some homework. Shameful.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
etfrench
in reply to: BradL8068

If you're having a problem it might just be you.  Why don't you post a file and a screencast showing what the actual issue is?

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
BradL8068

First thank you for your offer to help. It was once again frustration trying to finish a project at 2AM. See this is the issue, defining an angular dimension is NOT rocket science. A common feature in all CAD programs.  Attempting to define angular dimensions between center points even using the space bar to define a point is like playing a video game. I didn't want to play a video game I wanted to define an angle and go to bed. This isn't Beta software anymore. I am paying for this. Something as simple as defining an angle in a 2D (Drawing) environment  shouldn't require opening a manual or posting a video in a support group. At least that is my opinion. So yes I am sure it is ME. The Me that can do this easily in other CAD programs.

Message 4 of 7
ClintBrown3D

Hi @BradL8068 

Can you share a bit more info on the area of concern? I'd like to try to help you. A screencast would be ideal, but screenshots or an F3Z of the files would also work.

Message 5 of 7
BradL8068
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Clint

Thank you for checking in. I have worked around and don't really have the time to go back and recreate. I had a large circle cutout. With a series of mounting holes placed at 60 degrees around the large vent hole. Even with center marks it was very difficult to express the 60 degree location of the mounting holes. Not impossible but erratic.

Message 6 of 7
ClintBrown3D

Hi @BradL8068 

I'd still like to look at this for you. If it's not too much of a bother, please can share an F3Z of your files for me to have a look at? You can attach the F3Z file here, or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com

Message 7 of 7
HughesTooling

@BradL8068  did you try the Centre Mark pattern tool?

HughesTooling_0-1620807513876.png

It works on patail PCDs as well

HughesTooling_1-1620807586831.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report