Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align two sketches in different planes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Theoforus
1115 Views, 4 Replies

Align two sketches in different planes

I would like to have the center of the slot 30mm from the centerline trough the "fork.

How can that be done? Should I have started out different?

Skjermbilde 2020-08-30 kl. 16.06.29.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: Theoforus

Although this suggestion violates my on personal design approach to these types of things, you could project the center line from the sketch you used to make the fork into the sketch with the slot so you can dimension off it.

laughingcreek_0-1598800494256.png

Message 3 of 5
Theoforus
in reply to: laughingcreek

Thanks. Could you please tell me how I do the projection you suggested. I have tried to figure it out, but I´m stuck. Sorry.

Message 4 of 5
laughingcreek
in reply to: Theoforus

hmm..I didn't really look at the timeline when I answered before.  Now I see that the sketch you need to project into comes before the sketch you want to project from, which is prblematic.

Here is a screen cast of fixing that.  This is kinda a hacky way to deal with this, but because of the structure of you model it's probably the easiest with out doing a complete redo.  the screen cast is a bit rough cuz I was figuring it out as I went-

As an aside, there are a bunch of things you could adjust about your modeling approach that would make things like this easier to deal with, but I guess that's not really the question.

Message 5 of 5
davebYYPCU
in reply to: laughingcreek

@laughingcreek What brand of coffee you on?

I just measure what I can see in sketch 2, and put it in sketch 1.

sketch 1 has a 30 mm dimension on 2 construction lines, 

what dimension is either line to the block edge?  

Done.

Might help....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report