Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like to develop an add-in .

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
StephenCim-001
181 Views, 2 Replies

Would like to develop an add-in .

Hi All 

Been thinking about developing an add-in but would like some basic advice on what's possible .

I'm thinking it's should be basic but no have no idea about F360 API.

I would like a couple of drop down menus , the first one would contain a List of Names, i.e USA, Australia , Japan .etc... . On selecting a Country and second drop down list would be populated with a list of standard Rings sizes for the Selected Country, I.e USA would have 1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2, 1 3/4, 2......

Australia Would have A, A 1/2, B, B 1/2, ........  On selecting a Ring Size, a parameter in the design, called RingSize would be set to the Diameter (mm) of the selected size, so would need some sort of look up table.

Would something like this be do able?

Here is a quick mockup .

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 06.20.44 am.png

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Cheers, Stephen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can check this Haas app with source code inside and you can see lookup fields changes on user selection.

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=8728464278159145728&appLang=en&os=Win64

Parameters can be changed with

des = adsk.fusion.Design.cast(_app.activeProduct)
userParams = des.userParameters
userParams.itemByName('RingSize').expression =inputs.itemById('ringsize').expression
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, Thats a starting point.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report