Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cannot BIMobject release the Fusion 360 plugin

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
DanielLemen
631 Views, 9 Replies

Why cannot BIMobject release the Fusion 360 plugin

I got this information from BIMobject and we manufacturers that use all your software would be glad if Autodesk could help BIMobject with this, so that we manufacturers to provide objects:

The reason why we cannot release our Fusion plugin is that Autodesk Fusion 360 does not provide U-V coordinates for the meshes through their API. We are using the following methods to access the mesh data:

They have a class in the API called "TriangleMesh" and that has a function called "textureCoordinatesAsFloat". This method does not return any data, so the function is already there, but it is not working and we cannot release until they fix it.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
goyals
in reply to: DanielLemen

Thank you for posting it. We will try to fix it early. Created UP-40303 in our internal tracking system to track this.

Shyam Goyal
Sr. Software Dev. Manager
Message 3 of 10
DanielLemen
in reply to: goyals

Your welcome 🙂 Thanks for replay and I really hope that, this could be done soon.

Thanks for making Fusion 360 and a powerful tool, that alot of manufacturer will use to make bim objects to our customers.

Message 4 of 10
DanielLemen

@goyals wrote:

Thank you for posting it. We will try to fix it early. Created UP-40303 in our internal tracking system to track this.

Hi,

I wondering how it's going with this matter? I would be glad to know if your on it. 

Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 10
goyals

Hi,

This is definitely a priority and it is just matter of getting the time to do that. I will update you once we start on it. I was trying for March release first but now it looks difficult. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Shyam Goyal

Shyam Goyal
Message 6 of 10
DanielLemen

When can we see that this is going to release? Or has it been released? 

Message 7 of 10
goyals

We are working on it and hopefully would be part of May release. I already sent an email to Tamas asking if that is only thing required for this add-in to release.

Shyam Goyal
Message 8 of 10
DanielLemen

Is it going to be released in May or what do you think?

Message 9 of 10
goyals

Unfortunately I do not have good answer for that. I realised late that it just not an API issue and Fusion mesh support does not provide UV texture coordinates at the moment. Well good news is that we made the progress but team got some other priorities and It is hard for me to tell when it would be able to make to production. I will update on this thread If I got any updated news.

Shyam Goyal
Message 10 of 10
DanielLemen

How is it going with updates on Fusion 360? Any News?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report