Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will you be able to provide a full stack API both 2D and 3D?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johan.svensson6BXFK
121 Views, 2 Replies

When will you be able to provide a full stack API both 2D and 3D?

Hi,

I have already asked this question on a reply, but I didn't get a reply.

Therefore again...

I have now ideas for at least 2 new plugins which require a 2D drawing API.

Isn't it time now to release a full featured API in order for the community to be able to thrive and Fusion functionality to grow?

I’ve discovered missing features in the Fusion 360 program that I would like to make new plugins for.

So when will you be able to provide the 2D API for developers?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @johan.svensson6BXFK .

I do not know the answer to this question.

However, I have used TextCommands from the API in the past to draw simple circles and lines in drawings.
I have also confirmed that the lines are saved in the document.

There is a command in TextCommands that executes an AutoCAD command.(I have no experience with AutoCAD.)

FusionDoc.ExecuteAcadCommand                     - Execute AutoCAD Command

https://github.com/kantoku-code/Fusion360_Small_Tools_for_Developers/blob/75fbdec6aa9e6e27c88778699c... 

• Autodesk deprecates the use of TextCommands.
  • As for TextCommands, you will have to do a lot of experimenting on your own, as no one knows the answer.
  • The list of commands linked above is an older version. We recommend that you get the most up-to-date list.
    For more information on how to obtain and use the list of commands, please see the link .
  • If you find out something, it would be very helpful if you could leave a note on the forum, so that others can benefit from the information.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks, I will look into it and see if this could be away forward.
But what I would really like to see is the full map, because this could really help a most innovative community and fast forward the third party development of new and possibly great features that is missing.

BR
Johan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report