Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk the Path object to get points coordinates.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sr.Lux1nt
273 Views, 1 Reply

Walk the Path object to get points coordinates.

I'm willing to create JSON or like file which contains a list of points coordinates generated based on selected path from sketch. I would like to input points distance for script to print coordinates values for each equidistant point on path. Practically I want to create a path for WS2811 LED strip within Fusion modelling/sketch UI and then just print out some application specific mapping file (JSON list) made by script.

The best way I could come up with is to create dummy LED component, patternize it and iterate all components with specific name (e.g. "led_dummy") to print its coordinates (is 'originConstructionPoint' sufficient for my needs?). Though it seems to be not a straight-forward approach

What is the approach I should use? Can I use 'pathPattern' feature somehow to achieve my goal?

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sr.Lux1nt
in reply to: sr.Lux1nt

I happened to find another post with similar problem. It totally suffice my needs.

I can easily manage getting points along selected path directly. The answer for 'points along curve' is provided here:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/how-to-get-points-along-a-curve/m-p/804409...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report