Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use device movement input other than mouse

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ksutherland880
127 Views, 0 Replies

Use device movement input other than mouse

I am currently attempting to make an add-in that allows me to use a joystick as a DIY SpaceMouse. I've figured out how to change camera orbit using the camera.eye.transformBy(), and now all I need is to figure out how to actually get input from a device other than a mouse and keyboard, in this case a joystick. Could someone point me in the right direction?

I know there's plenty of open-source "spacemice" out there, but every single one I have found just pretends to be a normal mouse, utilizing emulated mouse movement, middle click, and shift. After making one of them, I discovered just how finnicky that method is as you can't really use your actual mouse while using the "joystick". I want to do it "right", and separate the joystick from the normal mouse movement. In the end my goal is to have a solid project that I can open-source for people who don't want to buy a closed-source device and instead make their own.

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report