Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted InputChangedEventArgs filter?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tim.collins29V9X
53 Views, 0 Replies

Unwanted InputChangedEventArgs filter?

As I type in the number "100" into a control I get three notifies with the InputChangedEventArgs event. For the "1" I might generate a dozen error messages as various algorithm constraints are violated. For "10" a dozen different messages.  Upon the "100" all is fine and the messages are blank.  

To re-draw the messages control (a TextBoxCommandInput) I introduced a custom event thread as you are not supposed to modify controls inside a call to notify. This thread switch and the churn of the messages actually slows down the user's typing.

Can I detect if a user is actually finished typing? Say a "focus lost" event? This is how Windows and Mac and Linux does it. 

I have similar issues with the "validate" and even more unwanted events (can scrolling make the data invalid?) and perhaps there are solutions for both.

I might have to abandon validate entirely and just add a "Validate" button. I am trying to follow the rules though.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report