Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TimelineObject.IsSuppressed API does not work in InputChangedEvent

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Melinda3
98 Views, 2 Replies

TimelineObject.IsSuppressed API does not work in InputChangedEvent

Hello,

I am working on a form that allows users with very little Fusion 360 experience to suppress and un-suppress items in the timeline based on the selections in the form.  I've got the form correctly set up so it is firing an InputChangedEvent whenever the user changes one of the values in the form.  However, when the isSuppressed API (of a TimelineObject) is called during this event, it does not do anything.  The isSuppressed API only seems to work if I call it in the execute event for the command (when the user selects OK on the form).  Has anyone seen this before?  I would very much like the design to dynamically change as the user is filling out the form so they can see the changes they are making.

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jorge_Jaramillo
in reply to: Melinda3

Hi @Melinda3 ,

Yes, only changes made in the execute event or with execute preview event are committed to the model.

You can read the objective of the InputChangedEvent here: https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-3922697A-7BF1-4799-9A5B-C8539DF57051#InputCh...

I believe what you need is to use the ExecutePreviewEvent instead.  Please read what I highlighted in the following image:

Jorge_Jaramillo_0-1697122212874.png

This is how it works.

Regards,

Jorge Jaramillo

Software Engineer

Message 3 of 3
Melinda3
in reply to: Jorge_Jaramillo

Perfect!  Thanks for the clarification - it was exactly what I was missing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report