Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text commands not functioning

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Ruud1
262 Views, 3 Replies

Text commands not functioning

I was trying to use some of the text commands to change underlying settings in de drawings space. However it seems that these do not work since the last update? Is anyone else experiencing this issue? (I.e. will I need to look for a fix locally or will I wait for the next update? 😉 )

Example for drawing workspace:

FusionDoc ExecuteAcadCommand Line

Example Design workspace: 

ActiveDocuments Info

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kandennti
in reply to: Ruud1

Hi @Ruud1 .

I tried it and was able to run it. (Ver. 2.0.9642)

FusionDoc.ExecuteAcadCommand Line 100,100 150,150

A dot is required after FusionDoc. 

However, now that Drawing has implemented sketch, I don't think it is necessary to use it.

Basically, Autodesk does not guarantee that it will work.
In the worst case, you should not be able to complain about corruption of documents using it.

Message 3 of 4
Ruud1
in reply to: kandennti

Ah sorry about that, such a fool I am! Knew I needed the spaces for the autoCAD command and mixed them up! 

Actually I wanted to look into changing some style settings. (For example, the Section Line does not show when you use Fusion drawing ISO settings, while it is most defenitely part of the standard 😉 )

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
PinRudolf
in reply to: Ruud1

The stylesheets can be edited using AutoCAD and the Drawing Template files. I've tried editing the FusionDocISO.dwt file and that works fine. Drawing templates can be found at:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\a95f...33\FUSIONDOCSTREAM\Autodesk\FusionDocAcad\LocalAppData\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\AcCore\Template.

I'm sure the next Fusion update will overwrite the files again. So what I've done is create a new user-template in Fusion 360 based on the edited DWT-file. I'm hoping this will give a permanent style change as long as I'm using that user template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report