Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweeping Problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
341 Views, 4 Replies

Sweeping Problem

Hi all, 

I am trying to create multiple bodies using create>pipe method. I have basically paths for sweeping and a constant radius. I am having two types of solids that you can see in the figure in attachment. Naturally in some parts, bodies have intersections. My first aim is to create a porous structure and combine each body and then subtract it from a big rectangular prism. the new volume in the prism will be used later in CFD simulations. Due to warnings (orange colour on bodies in the product tree), Fusion does not allow me to select all bodies for combine operation. Do you have any idea to fix this?

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you doing this through Fusion's user-interface or are you trying to a write program to do it?  This forum is primarily for programming interface questions.  This forum is for more general product use questions: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/bd-p/124.

However, I can comment on one thing.  The orange color bodies represent surfaces or a set of surfaces that are not closed.  A solid is also a set of surfaces but is completely closed or watertight.  As a result of being closed there is more intelligence that can be derived some a solid.  Some operations are applicable to solids and there are others that will only work on surfaces.  Without better understanding the input that you're using to create the sweeps it's diffcult to say why this is happening in your case.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ekinsb

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your answer. it is good to know that the orange colour means open surface. I have been using Fusion for 7-8 days roughly.  I am actually generating this structure using programming. Due to my algorithm there are some intersections between contacting bodies. I expected this, and it is alright.  I created bodies using pipe operation along a path that I calculated in a python script. I want to combine these contacting bodies in next step. I think the source of error is these intersections. I did not notice that I shared this post only in API and Scripts.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: Anonymous

Since you're using a script to generate the geometry, it's appropriate to post the question here.  If you can attach a model and/or some code so we can reproduce the problem we might be able to offer some advice.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ekinsb

I think I found the source of the error. I was creating fibre objects in same sketch. As I sweep along the paths to obtain 3d fibre objects, there were penetrations of bodies occurring. I think i can combine them as they are in different sketches so that penetrations will disappear, but in same sketch, they give error. it does not even let me sweep some of fibre objects.

Thanks
Emrah Sozumert 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report