Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch to csv of interpolated points

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
374 Views, 2 Replies

Sketch to csv of interpolated points

I have a sketch of a curve which I then used as the center line to sweep a shape along it to create a curved pipe. See below for the sketch. What I would like to do is export a csv of x,y,z points defining/interpolated along the curve which I used to create the geometry so that I can use the shape of the center line for other purposes in my workflow. I've tried exporting the sketch as a dxf file, but from there I haven't been able to turn that into a human-readable or program-readable format for further processing. Any ideas on how I could do this? I'm open to scripting and played around with the ImportCSV example script; however, I couldn't figure out how to realize my idea through the API.

cyl-sketch.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kandennti
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi daniel.puleri.

I may not understand correctly.

In the past, I have created a script that exports sketch 3D curves as IGES, STEP, SAT files.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ri-ben-yu/3dna-xianwo3dcad-zhong-jianfairudeekusupotosuru/...
I hope this will be of some help.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: kandennti

That worked out well. I was able to import the step file into another piece of software for further processing to get data in a parse-able format.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report