Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set appearance of root componet

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
-pezi-
223 Views, 4 Replies

Set appearance of root componet

Hi,

it is the possible to set the appearance of the root component by API? I spend with this task a lot of time, but can't find resolve.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nnikbin
in reply to: -pezi-

Sorry. I deleted my reply because it was not correct

Message 3 of 5
BrianEkins
in reply to: -pezi-

I think there may have been an oversight in the API design.  The API does not support setting the appearance of any component, including the root component.  It seems the UI does support this.  I wasn't sure if what we're seeing in the UI is just a shortcut to apply the appearance to all bodies in a component or if the appearance is a property of the component.  After some testing, I think it is a property of the component.  The API will need to be enhanced to support this.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 4 of 5
nnikbin
in reply to: BrianEkins

Hi @BrianEkins ,

Is there an occurrence [which is inaccessible through the API] associated with the root component? If so, do you think that the UI may apply the appearance to this occuuence?

(I know that according to the API document "This Root Component is the only actual Component shown in the browser and the only component that is visible directly without an occurrence." But I thought perhaps under the hood there is some inacccessible occurrence".)

Message 5 of 5
-pezi-
in reply to: BrianEkins

Hi,

thank you for your response. Components don't have an appearance and don't need him, because except for the Root component, everyone else is represented as Occurrence. Is that so? The question remains how gonna UI assigns an appearance to a component when Root Component doesnť have Occurrence. Isn't there something "under the hood" as @nnikbin  writes?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report