Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a DataFolder as input in Fusion

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ethan92492
403 Views, 2 Replies

Select a DataFolder as input in Fusion

I am producing a tool using the API that parametrically adjusts dimensions, parts used, and additional parameters based on complex constraints. To do this, the API builds a component tree in the selected folder. However, I'm not sure how to enable user fusion folder selection. One option is to assume the user wants the design in the root folder of the project, but I'd prefer to have them explicitly select an option. Is there any way to have a user select a dataFolder using the current API?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: ethan92492

The API lets you query to find available projects and folders and files within a project. However, it doesn't provide any kind of built-in UI to allow the user to choose a folder.  You'll need to do something on your own.  If it's just a flat list then a simple drop-down will work, however if you want to provide a tree structure that would be more of a challenge.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 3
ethan92492
in reply to: ekinsb

Yes, I was hoping for something more amenable to an arbitrarily nested tree structure. Are there any plans to enable that sort of functionality?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report