Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RuntimeError: 2: InternalValidationError: faces.size() > index ??

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BradAndersonJr
311 Views, 1 Reply

RuntimeError: 2: InternalValidationError: faces.size() > index ??

Hey everyone!

It's been brought to my attention that an add-in that I wrote a while back no longer properly works as of a recent update to Fusion 360.  For a little over a year, there were no issues and I'm not sure how to solve the problem.

The main issue is line 1181.  The objective is to create a cutting extrusion feature to a face that cuts a body for fret slots.  This used to work flawlessly.  I couldn't find anything on "faces.size()".  I checked the index and it's still correct...

The add-in is here: https://github.com/BradAndersonJr/GuitarEngine

The .py code is here: https://github.com/BradAndersonJr/GuitarEngine/blob/master/guitarEngineBeta_v005g.py

I'm aware that overall the code needs a lot of cleaning, it's a work in progress. =]

Thank you!

Brad Anderson Jr
Fusion 360 Hobbyist
Fusion 360 Luthiers Facebook Group
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hey!

I solved this issue.  It turns out Fusion 360 used to be a little bit more forgiving with sloppy code, but not anymore!  I had to go back and reference the proper feature.

Originally I had:

start_from = adsk.fusion.FromEntityStartDefinition.create(extendFeature1.faces.item(0), adsk.core.ValueInput.createByReal(0))

It turns out after the update I needed to reference the extrude feature, which came before the extend feature:

start_from = adsk.fusion.FromEntityStartDefinition.create(extrudeFeature.faces.item(0), adsk.core.ValueInput.createByReal(0))

Thank you!

Brad Anderson Jr
Fusion 360 Hobbyist
Fusion 360 Luthiers Facebook Group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report