Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run on startup: Modules not loaded

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
PinRudolf
166 Views, 0 Replies

Run on startup: Modules not loaded

Hi!

I'm running into a bit of a mess; my add-ins started giving some issues since a recent update. On the startup of an add-in it requests a response from a REST api using the python urllib module. On some apps the module in not yet loaded when the add-in already runs; this will result in a error.

What confuses me to the point of madness is that copying the full code in a new file resolves the issue. Now, when I check if the module is loaded everything is fine.

>> 'urllib' in sys.modules = True

Somehow it is related to the file/folder naming and manifest file: the issue is gone when I name the folder "a" and is back when the name is restored. (Some sort of  cashing?) Changing the description in the manifest file: it is now the adsk.core module that is missing attributes.

I've tried using the startupCompleted event but that does not seem to make a difference.

Has anyone run into something similar before? Or does anyone have a clue as to where I should start looking for the error?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report