Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving a flag from Fusion back when it is finished processing the changes on a model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
derek.bell10
189 Views, 2 Replies

Receiving a flag from Fusion back when it is finished processing the changes on a model

For my application, we send in parameter changes through an external program that communicates with a Fusion add-in, but don't have any feedback for the user when fusion has completed these changes inside the program. I'm wondering if it's possible for Fusion to send back a boolean flag to an add-in when it's finished processing changes to a model that are sent from an add-in. 

Mainly for communicating with a user when the changes they input are complete in Fusion.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kandennti
in reply to: derek.bell10

Hi @derek.bell10 .

It is possible that I am not understanding the meaning of the question.

I believe that in Fusion360, many changes are made using commands.
How about using a commandTerminated Event that is triggered by the completion of a command?

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-E381414E-1CFF-4007-B1DF-C413D7E6841A 

Message 3 of 3
BrianEkins
in reply to: derek.bell10

You shouldn't need any notification from Fusion to tell you when the processing is finished.  This is because when you use any of the functions to edit a parameter value, that function call doesn't return until the model has finished computing.  There's nothing to wait for because the work to update the model is done.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report