Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading texture data associated with meshes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cfurness
289 Views, 3 Replies

Reading texture data associated with meshes

I have a mesh which I have imported into Fusion 360. I have added an appearance for every body and verified that this appearance is associated with an image file. It appears textured within Fusion360.

However when I iterate over the TriangleMesh entities in custom script (C++ code), hasTexture() returns false for every mesh. They are clearly the correct meshes however since the triangle data matches what I expect to see.

Am I looking for the texture data in the wrong place? I would have expected the hasTexture() to return true, and for the texture coordinates on the TriangleMesh to be populated.

Any help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ekinsb
in reply to: cfurness

Unfortunately, access to the textures is not currently supported by the API.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 4
cfurness
in reply to: ekinsb

Is there an ETA on this feature? Like weeks/months/not for the foreseeable future?

Message 4 of 4
ekinsb
in reply to: cfurness

Hopefully sooner than this but right now I would have to say it's not in the foreseeable future.  There are a couple of issues with us exposing this.  One is an internal issue that we're waiting on and the second is the more extensive use of sophisticated shaders so there's not a simple texture available.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report