Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about reinstalling autodesk software

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wursterben17
287 Views, 4 Replies

Question about reinstalling autodesk software

I have been using Autodesk Fusion 360 Ultimate for a little while now, but I recently had to refresh my computer. The software application was deleted from my computer and I tried to see if I could reinstall it from the website. The account said that I already had one installed along with no option to re-download. Please assist me in being able to re-install the software. I would also like to know if I will be able to re-install the software without losing the cloud files I have already created. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
neil.liu
in reply to: wursterben17

Hi, 

Do you mean you re-installed the OS system or upgraded your OS system? What does "the software application was deleted" mean? Are you not able to find Fusion360 from the Control Panel? 

We recommend you to unistall the software from Control Panel (Windows) or LaunchPad(MAC) before re-install. If you cannot find the uninstall, you can delete the software manually as below:

Windows: delete Webdeploy folder under %localappdata%.

MAC: delete Webdeploy folder under /Users/(user name)/Library/Application Support/Autodesk

After deleting webdeploy folder, you can re-install the Fusion 360 from the web site. You will not lose any Cloud data, you can find all of them after you log into Fusion 360 using the same account. 

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 5
wursterben17
in reply to: neil.liu

Thanks but I tried that and it didn't work. I logged on to my account and
it still says, 1 seat . Education, what I'm thinking is that since it is
education software I can only have one downloaded at a time. Anyway, please
reply if you have any thoughts on what the issue could be.
Message 4 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: wursterben17

I don't have any specific advice about the problem you're having but would suggest posting your question on the general Fusion forum rather than this one which is specific to using the Fusion API.  You'll get a lot more people that are likely to have the answer that will see it there.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 5
neil.liu
in reply to: ekinsb

Hello,

Did you see the screen like below? if so, please click "Product Info" i hightlight below to install Fusion360. 

fusion.png

In fact you can also install Fusion360 from the web site: Fusion360.autodesk.com, the click "Download Free Trial". 

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report