Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python Spyder console "action.setEnabled(enable and WINPDB_PATH is not None)"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
schengnz
2156 Views, 5 Replies

Python Spyder console "action.setEnabled(enable and WINPDB_PATH is not None)"

I am a newbie to Fusion 360 scripting and I have likely done something stupid. If so, my advance apologies.

I have tried running example scripts (and my own simple script) directly in Fusion 360 and they work fine.

However when run in Spyder environment, the example scripts don't seem to run at all, and display the following symptoms. I have done a search on this board and Google and can't find any info about it.

- The internal console shows many of these messages:

File "C:\Users\XX\AppData\Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\a906a4b5ad17e39452da8cb08ea66b9baa6e0954\Spyder\spyderlib\plugins\editor.py", line 1392, in opened_files_list_changed
action.setEnabled(enable and WINPDB_PATH is not None)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setEnabled'
- The breakdown on the first line of code never get triggered.

I would greatly appreciate your pointers.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sjamison
in reply to: schengnz

I am having the exact same issue - didn't see your post so I made a nearly identical one a minute ago, don't know how to delete it...

Message 3 of 6
ekinsb

This is the first problem I've heard of this problem.  Can both of you provide some more information so we can try and track down the cause?  Are you on Mac or Windows?  If Mac, did you install from the Mac App Store?  What is the exact behavior?  Are you invoking Spyder by choosing a script and selecting the "Debug" option?  Does the error show up immediately or are you doing something else before the error dialog is displayed?  Any information you can provide will help us to figure out the cause of the problem.  Thank you.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 4 of 6
frankzhang

The internal console should not show up, this is an error in the updated spyder, we'll fix it in the coming release.

But the breakdown on the first line should still be working, you can run the current line step by step by pressing Ctrl+F10 even you don't see a break point added automatically on the first line.
Message 5 of 6
neil.liu
in reply to: frankzhang

Sorry for the inconvenience. Now we have a workaround for this issue. 

Please open the preferences dialog from Tools menu in Spyder and turn off the option below:

spyder.PNG

BTW, it looks this issue would not block any workflows, user interface messages would not be blocked either.

Message 6 of 6
sjamison
in reply to: ekinsb

I am using Windows. I opened spyder by choosing a script and selecting "Edit". Then using either Run or Debug causes the internal console to pop up and display the error repeatedly. It then stays open and continues to flash the error, filling up with an endless stream of the error repeated. I followed the instructions below which did fix the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report