Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt Engineering?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tedj1
309 Views, 4 Replies

Prompt Engineering?

Is Autodesk developing the capacity for 'Prompt Engineering'?  Might also be known as an 'Intelligent Assistant' or another buzz term.  I'm thinking of something like...  "Make me a circular cylinder, A wide, B long...  Attach the end... No, the other end.  Yes.  ..to this surface (mouse-overing).  Extend from the other surface an inch..." and so on.  Vastly increase a designer's efficiency.  Make jumping in fun and easy.  Beat the competition in the IDE race.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kandennti
in reply to: tedj1

Hi @tedj1 .

In the past, I have read about a Japanese person who tested Fusion360 scripts with chatGPT.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/chatgpt/m-p/11783558 

The answer does not seem to be far off, but it is not correct either.
(I think he needs to learn a little more.)

I don't have the technology, but I think this direction might be a step in the right direction for what you want.

Message 3 of 5
MichaelT_123
in reply to: tedj1

Mr TedJ1,

Such low-cost, widely available technology has been practised for a long time. Look around. Check yourself in the mirror.

You are the evidence that the current one, working hard days and nights "produced" another successful outcome.😉

Why do you want substandard AI?

Can you imagine the future creative process leading to the existence of another TJ1  hundred years from now?

If you can, ... better start saving your bitcoins. (name of the currency might change)

If you can't… re-read your original post!

Regards

MichaelT

MichaelT
Message 4 of 5
tedj1
in reply to: MichaelT_123

Don't know what you're talking about, MichaelT_123, but Autodesk would probably need to develop such a capability themselves, perhaps in association with AI experts.  They should have done so already, but particularly now since the field is changing so fast.  Show me any good example of that sort of working interface with a voice-aware assistant for ANY similar product out there (including Fusion).  I couldn't find one.

Message 5 of 5
tedj1
in reply to: MichaelT_123

Eliza isn't actually AI, you know.  Lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report