Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Plugins

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
HiFiBerry
581 Views, 10 Replies

Problem with Plugins

Hope this is in the right place.

I'm running the trial version of Fusion 360 and have been trying to install either of the Voronoi plugins, but neither seem to be working.  I download the files and install, but when I start Fusion, the program hangs, times out, then I just have to close.  Since the behavior is consistent between both plugins, I conclude it's a problem with Fusion.

Plugins here:

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=1006119760063675415&appLang=en&os=Mac

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=5722650310876939510&appLang=en&os=Win64

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
henry.yangMXZNN
in reply to: HiFiBerry

Hi HiFiBerry,

Seems like Fusion 360 failed to load the add-in.

Can you provide the logs under C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\{RandomID}\logs folder for more detail information?

The log file name looks like this: AppLogFile{TimeStamp}.log

Look forward to further info.

Best,

Henry Yang

Message 3 of 11
HiFiBerry
in reply to: henry.yangMXZNN

Here 'ya go.

Fusion starts after the plugin is uninstalled from the Windows control panel.

Message 4 of 11
henry.yangMXZNN

Hi HiFiBerry,

I just saw the log and it seems Fusion 360 was opened successfully on your machine.

As you mentioned that you uninstalled the add-in, can you re-install it and modify a property: "runOnStartup" to false in the file listed below?

File location:

C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Voronoi3D.bundle\Contents\Voronoi3D.manifest

064.jpg

After you set the property to false, open Fusion 360 and go to ADD-INS -> Scripts and Add-Ins.

067.jpg

Choose Add-Ins, find Voronoi3D and click the run button.

065.jpg

I think the add-in can now be loaded.

Hope it helps.

Look forward to further news.

Best,

Henry Yang

Message 5 of 11
HiFiBerry

Unfortunately, no luck.

Program still locks up and won't start.  I've attached the log from this morning's attempt (possible I gave you the wrong one last time) and also the amended Manifest file.  Note, I had to change the extension on the manifest file to .txt to be able to attach here.  Hopefully they'll help.

Message 6 of 11
henry.yangMXZNN

Hi HiFiBerry,

From your manifest file, the add-in you disabled was actually Voronoi Sketch Generator not Voronoi3D.

I'm not sure which one caused the issue you described.

If you installed both, can you disable "runOnStartup" property for them and see if the Fusion client can be opened?

Best,

Henry Yang

Message 7 of 11
HiFiBerry

Actually, I've tried both the Autodesk and aftermarket plugins, each one at a time, with the same result of Fusion not running.  Once I uninstall (via the CP) Fusion will then open.  This latest file was for the Autodesk plugin, not the aftermarket one.  Not sure what to try next.  Your help would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 11
HiFiBerry

Perhaps there's another way to accomplish what I'd like to experiment with, until we can figure out what's going on here.

I'd like to create a matrix (or 'pattern') of random sized holes distributed on a surface to create an 'organic' ventilation for a housing, instead of the traditional slot pattern one would see.  Holes could be in sizes ranging from 1/8" to 3/8" in three or four diameter steps (so: 1/8", 1/4", 3/8"), density spacing TBD depending on what the results yield.

Is there another way to do such a thing?

Message 9 of 11
henry.yangMXZNN

Hi HiFiBerry,

It seems Voronoi Sketch Generator is the best choice for you.

I upload the add-in zip file that should work.

Would you please extract it and then try to manually select the folder and then run it?

1. Click the plus button in Add-Ins.

066.jpg

2. Select the folder extracted from the zip file

068.jpg

3. Choose Voronoi and click Run button

069.jpg

It should work now.

Best,

Henry Yang

Message 10 of 11
HiFiBerry

Henry, no luck.

I did as you instructed, opened Fusion, tried to run the app and the program locked up.  I closed Fusion down and attempted to re-start, and it refused to open.  The only way I could get the program to run again was by deleting the plugin folder.  This is very frustrating - something is seriously wrong here.  Should I do an uninstall/reinstall?  I'm running out of time on the demo and frankly, this doesn't show off Fusion at it's best, if y'know what I mean.  😉

Regards,

Robert Kreisler

Message 11 of 11
henry.yangMXZNN

Hi Robert,

It seems there is something wrong with the program.

Would you please do me a favor by sending me the dump file of Fusion 360 when it hangs until timeout?

1. Download Process Explorer and extract the zip file

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

070.jpg

2. Execute procexp.exe

071.jpg

3.  Find Fusion360.exe -> right click on it -> Create Dump -> Create Minidump

073.jpg

Really thank you for your help and support our product.

Best,

Henry Yang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report