Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post processor global variables and attributes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Bjanders
152 Views, 5 Replies

Post processor global variables and attributes

I've written a CNC post processor a long time a go, but can't remember where the global predefined variables are documented, like "description", "longDescription", "vendor", "propertyDefinitions", "tool", etc.

I'm aware of the API reference documentation https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/reference/index.html, where I would expect to find the variables above documented, but I can't spot it.

Where can I find these variables?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jorge_Jaramillo
in reply to: Bjanders

Hi,

The post processor guide can be downloaded from this link:

https://cam.autodesk.com/posts/posts/guides/Post%20Processor%20Training%20Guide.pdf

Maybe section 4.1.1 Kernel Settings is what you're looking for regarding global variables; you can also discover them from the global scope.

Also section 4.11 onParameter could be of interest for parameters (Is it what you call attributes?)

Regards,

Jorge Jaramillo

Software Engineer

Message 3 of 6
Bjanders
in reply to: Jorge_Jaramillo

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned it, but I actually checked the training guide as well. I didn’t yet read through it thoroughly, but did a search of some global variables that I know exist, but couldn’t find them documented in the guide. Some were shown in some example, but I couldn’t find any comprehensive list.

I’ll reply later with more details of some examples, as I’m not at my computer now. One example, that I can think of right now is what variable do I set the version number of my post processor, that shows in the post processor meta information in Fusion (where also the post processor description etc is). Of course it could be something obvious like “version” (I didn’t try yet), but where is this documented?

With “attributes” I’m referring to the meta info for the post processor that shows up Fusion, including the “propertyDefinitions”.

Message 4 of 6
Bjanders
in reply to: Jorge_Jaramillo

To keep it simple, I'll start with one specific question: In my post processor I have defined properties in the variable "propertyDefinitions". These show up in the post processor dialog:

Bjanders_0-1698345826800.png

Where is this propertyDefinitions documented? I'm sure it's somewhere, since I managed to define it some years ago, but I can't find the documentation now.

I searched for "propertyDefinitions" in the training guide, but get no hits. And I can't find it in the API reference either (where I'd expect to find it).

Message 5 of 6
Bjanders

The Post properties are defined in the training guide in "Property Table". Apparently the correct way is not use propertyDefinitions, but defining the definitions in the "properties" variable (which I also had, but only contained the set value). So maybe this has changed, and the old method I'm using still works. I'll update my post processor.

Message 6 of 6
Bjanders

I think I found the answer to most of my questions. Now I'm just wondering how to set a version number like here:

Bjanders_0-1698351836333.png

I looked at the processor source, but couldn't find that version number anywhere, except in a comment (and I tried that as well, but it didn't work). Maybe I'll just put my version info in the description then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report