Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Legos

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sstattelman4GLLM
200 Views, 1 Reply

Parametric Legos

I have followed a tutorial on how to make parametric Legos, but I am having difficulty copy and pasting them without all of the parameters changing together. Basically I want to use the one parametric Lego to create non parametric Legos that I can move around, but right now when I change the original they all change. Is there a way to de-link so to speak the original Lego so I can have different sizes of fixed legos?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lure23
in reply to: sstattelman4GLLM

Have you tried "Paste new"? It detaches a piece from the copy source.

The downside is that one gets all the parametric steps into the target project (I keep the "LEGO factory" as a separate project). I know there is a way to just paste a part but haven't found that yet. If anyone knows, please throw the hint.

---

Answering myself: At least this works to remove the design history.

1. Paste new to a temporary project (design history comes along)

2. Timeline > Settings (gear icon in bottom right) > Do not capture design history

3. Copy again

4. Paste to actual target

This way, the Factory retains design history but the consuming party gets the block as a simple, non-parametric body (two icons in the time line: create component and "base feature").

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report