Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter/Dependencies for Custom Compute Feature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
akshaypat08
111 Views, 3 Replies

Parameter/Dependencies for Custom Compute Feature

I'm in the process of creating a custom feature that involves screws. The user has to select what screw type and screw head type in a drop down menu. For the custom compute class, how would I add this menu as a parameter/dependency?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @akshaypat08 ,

I understand from your question you might need to command inputs of type DropDown:

- first one for screw type

- second one for screw head

Does the values on the second one would change according with what the user select on the first one, or are they independent of each other?

Please clarify in order to help you with instructions about the implementation.

Regards,

Jorge

Message 3 of 4

The two are independent. I realized that I could simply add them as dependencies and that I've been overthinking this. Thank you for responding though!

Message 4 of 4
BrianEkins
in reply to: akshaypat08

I believe the best approach, in this case, would be to save the screw type and screw head type as custom named values. There's a small section in the Custom Features documentation about this. The hard part will be changing the geometry when the user edits either one of the types.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report