Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Crashing After 25/8/16 update

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mehulGYL6Z
317 Views, 6 Replies

Parameter Crashing After 25/8/16 update

I was working on a parametric model on the 24th & everything was working well. After I received an update this morning (25/8/16), every time I try and change a parameter, the program crashes. What could be the issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ekinsb
in reply to: mehulGYL6Z

Can you please provide a test case that demonstrates the problem?  I have a simple program that edits a parameter and it still works so there must be something unique about your case.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 7
mehulGYL6Z
in reply to: ekinsb

I've attached the file that I am trying to use. Everytime I change a parameter it crashes the software.

I'm able to edit other designs parametrically but just not this one!

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
ekinsb

Thank you for reporting this.  I can reproduce the problem and have filed a bug so the development team can resolve the problem.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 7
yehsPDX
in reply to: ekinsb

Attached is a fixed model (in Fusion 2.0.2317). Just in the case you need it to move forward.

Fillet19 close to the end of Timeline corrupted the data. Any operations such as editing parameters/features which need to roll the model before Fillet19 will will fail and crash Fusion. This is an known issue and the team is currently working on it. If you have any information about how you manage Fillet19 - forward creation, editing, we will like to hear from you. It will help us to make the operation stable. Thanks!!

Message 6 of 7
mehulGYL6Z
in reply to: yehsPDX

Thanks a lot! I was scared I would have to rebuild all that. Yea I did some debugging and came to the same solution as you. How did you mend it though? (Just for future reference)
Message 7 of 7
yehsPDX

Good to know that fixed model is helpful.

As a developer in Fusion team, I can use an internal tool to force Fusion ignore the corrupted geometry data and re-build the model based on the parametric features.  The good news is that we have more understanding about the issue now and hope have a fix soon.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report