Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite user params in fusion file with csv file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aishaLL7YG
118 Views, 1 Reply

Overwrite user params in fusion file with csv file

how do I write a python script that overwrites user params in my existing fusion file with a csv file, where any change in the csv file will result in an updated version of user params of my design. The csv file is located in aws. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
BrianEkins
in reply to: aishaLL7YG

The Fusion API provides the ability to get a specific user parameter and edit its value. The rest of what you described is outside the scope of the API and will rely on the features provided by the programming language you're using and any other libraries you might choose to use.

For example, Python supports reading text files, so you can read the contents of the file and interpret the data to use in setting the parameters. Python also natively supports the ability to read and write CSV files which should make it easier. Determining if the file has changed and getting the new contents will be the hardest part and will rely on using some AWS API's, which I don't know anything about.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report