Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number clipping in Integer and float sliders

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mjobson32CFL
532 Views, 4 Replies

Number clipping in Integer and float sliders

Hi,

Two things.

First I'd like to report a graphical bug (i know it's the wrong place, but my second question is linked to this). When using integer and float sliders you can't see the whole represented value. See below the "draft analysis" UI won't display "15.0 deg" fully... whereas the Opacity slider will display "100" (integerSliderListCommandInput most likely) nice and clearly. 

It's frustrating to have to put the cursor in there and arrow back and forth to check the value. Especially when 15 degrees is the max value.. they could have increased the width of that box to fit "15 deg".

number clipping.jpg

Secondly and more suitably to this forum. I wanted to make an integer slider and, for example, have a high value like 10,000. I looked everywhere, but there doesn't seem to be a way to control the width of that box with spin control. Is there any way we can get access to that as it will help with usability of our scripts.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: mjobson32CFL

There isn't any control over the width of the box.  Fusion automatically determines the width, but as you've seen, doesn't do a very good job.  I agree that this is a real annoyance and will file a bug for this problem.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 5
mjobson32CFL
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks again Brian.

Message 4 of 5
nnikbin
in reply to: ekinsb

Hi @ekinsb , @mjobson32CFL 

Any news about this issue?

It actually makes FloatSliderCommandInputs useless. For example the following image shows a parameter with value = 50 (min value = 0, max value = 100). Unacceptable user experience!

22.png

Do you have any suggestion for creating a good UX when we want to get a float parameter with min and max values? My current workaround is shown in the image below but it is not easy to use for users.

23.png

Message 5 of 5
CreatonStyle
in reply to: nnikbin

Has this been solved yet?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report