Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with biscuit slots along centre line of face

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
markQAJZF
191 Views, 2 Replies

Need help with biscuit slots along centre line of face

I use a lot of size 20 biscuits for cabinet construction. Currently I model each biscuit slot with a sketch on the edge of a panel, patterened along the length of the joining edge and then extrude-cutting each biscuit rectangle into the 2 joining bodies. I've had good success using parameter tables to semi-automate the process but its only just quicker to do all the modelling and programming for CNC than it is for a maker to do by hand.

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

 I have very little programming knowledge. Is there a script that exists that can quickly create this pattern? I'm picturing a userform than needs two edges to be selected, and a number of biscuits to be specified, and then the script will find the centerline between the 2 edges and cut the slots. Happy to employ the services of a coder to help me out here. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kandennti
in reply to: markQAJZF

Hi @markQAJZF -San.

I can't start working on it right away, but I can make it.
Since we don't know the details, could you please attach an f3d file that we can publish?

Message 3 of 3
Jorge_Jaramillo
in reply to: markQAJZF

Hi @markQAJZF ,

I will be available the next two days is you think I can help developing the script.

It will be just a matter of define the scope of it.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Regards,

Jorge Jaramillo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report