Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Code - Python extension exception

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
balunist
303 Views, 2 Replies

MS Code - Python extension exception

Running the latest Python extension I consistently get the following exception.   Has anyone else experienced this?

No breakpoints are set and this occurs shortly after a successful startup of my app.

Thanks in advance!

Exception in thread ptvsd.Server: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Users/<userid>/.vscode/extensions/ms-python.python-2020.6.90262/pythonFiles/lib/python/old_ptvsd/pt...", line 269, in process_one_message msg = self.__message.pop(0) IndexError: pop from empty list

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rushikesh.kadam
in reply to: balunist

Hi @balunist , this issues looks to be similar to https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/vs-code-upgrade-to-the-latest-python-exten..., can you try if the mentioned solution works for you also? 

Regards,

Rushikesh Kadam.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Like" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Rushikesh Kadam
Senior QA Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
balunist
in reply to: Rushikesh.kadam

I deleted the extension as described and allowed Fusion to install by invoking debug.   They installed the latest version.   I included a fusion restart before and after.    I’m still seeing the same exception pop up after seeing my app successfully start.  
So no change occurred and it did not fix the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report