Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model rotation (Z-up, Y-up)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
521 Views, 4 Replies

Model rotation (Z-up, Y-up)

1) I have 2 document with Z-Up(first photo) and Y-Up(second photo) axis. How I can check ?-Up axis in document using API?

2) How i can change origin to use y-Up axis by default? (second photo is right for me)

1Capture.PNG2Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, none of the view cube functionality, including setting or getting the front and top directions, is exposed through the API. I agree that this would be useful and we should expose it in the future.  I've added it to our backlog but I can't say when it might be available because we'll need to prioritize it with the rest of our tasks.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 5
rolandas_vegis
in reply to: ekinsb

Any update on this?
Message 4 of 5
kandennti
in reply to: rolandas_vegis

Hi @rolandas_vegis .

The screen will move, but you can use this method to determine this.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/modeling-orientation-used-for-pre-existing... 

So far, we have not found a way to lock the GUI.

Message 5 of 5
BrianEkins
in reply to: rolandas_vegis

The default "Up" direction is defined by a preference, which you can access through the API.

app.preferences.generalPreferences.defaultModelingOrientation

This is only used when a new design is created and defines the initial "Up" direction. However, the user can use the view cube to change the "Up" direction to any orientation they want, which is not currently accessible except through a workaround like @kandennti provided.

API development has been very active recently and I've seen this come up a few times, so I am expecting this to be addressed soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators