Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing windows libs for C++

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
meeloo
1016 Views, 12 Replies

missing windows libs for C++

Hi,

I'm starting to port a simple C++ fusion script from the Mac to Windows. When I build visual studio complains that it can't link against core.lib and indeed, the lib folder on my PC is totally empty. The includes are fine and the C++ sources are built without error though. 

Any idea what could have gone wrong in my Fusion 360 installation?

Thanks!

S.

Tags (4)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
meeloo
in reply to: meeloo

I just tried to reinstall fusion (deinstall + install again after re downloading the installer) and it sadly didn't fix the problem. The $(APPDATA)/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/API/CPP/include folder is ok, but $(APPDATA)/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/API/CPP/lib is empty. 

On the mac the equivalent folder are correctly populated with the libs and I didn't have to do anything special.

Message 3 of 13
BrianEkins

I have the same problem on my Windows machine.  I suspect it's an issue with the latest update because I successfully compiled a C++ program a few days ago but now it fails.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 4 of 13
meeloo
in reply to: BrianEkins

Hi Brian and thanks for your confirmation that I'm not mad :-).

Do you know of a way to roll back to a previous version? Is it at all possible? 

Message 5 of 13
BrianEkins

It's not possible to go back.  I just got confirmation from an Autodesk developer that there was a change made in the installer that caused the .lib not to be installed.  They'll be fixing that but don't know yet when the fix will be out.  They might be able to provide the .lib files themselves as a workaround until then.  They'll post here with more news.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 6 of 13
meeloo
in reply to: BrianEkins

Thanks for the I formation. If they could post the libs before the release is due that would be much welcome as I’m currently stuck!

S.
Message 7 of 13
goyals

PFA lib files for your reference. We will try to fix this problem ASAP. Thanks.

Shyam Goyal
Sr. Software Dev. Manager
Message 8 of 13
meeloo
in reply to: goyals

Awesome! Thank you so much, I could build and test my plugin right away and it worked fine! 🙏🏻

Message 9 of 13
grahameR4MG4

I seem to be missing both the lib and include header files.  I've downloaded the libs above, how can i get the c++ include headers?

Message 10 of 13
goyals
in reply to: grahameR4MG4

In last Fusion update, We fixed this problem. Are you still noticing it? Thanks.

Shyam Goyal
Message 11 of 13
grahameR4MG4

Sorry for confusing threads, I'm actually missing libs and headers on mac, not windows.  I've started a separate thread for the same. 

I've installed, un-installed, and re-installed the latest Fusion 360, and the lib and include folders are missing, so seems this is still an issue.  

Until this is resolved, is it possible to get a zip with latest mac libs and headers?  As of now, I am blocked on my mac plugin development.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 12 of 13
goyals
in reply to: grahameR4MG4

I am really surprised to hear it because this problem was never noticed on Mac and only impacted Windows. Just to keep you going, I attached the include and lib folder for Mac here.

Shyam Goyal
Message 13 of 13
grahameR4MG4

Thank you @goyals.   

Just to close the thread,  it turns out that I was looking in the wrong place.  The path to the lib and include folder were specified incorrectly in the plugin that i was using as a template for my plugin, namely $(USER_LIBRARY_DIR)/Containers/com.autodesk.mas.fusion360/Data/Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/Autodesk\ Fusion\ 360/API

However, when i go to $(USER_LIBRARY_DIR)/Application\ Support/Autodesk/Autodesk\ Fusion\ 360/API, I can find all the files needed.   Thank you again, appreciate the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report