Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lathe Post Processor: How to find the min Z for threading.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
adamvs
196 Views, 1 Reply

Lathe Post Processor: How to find the min Z for threading.

This is a post processor related question I've been struggling with: How to get the Z depth on a lathe threading operation ( section ). I've used the dumper, but none of the parameters gives you this.. I've tried 'Section.getGlobalZRange', 'Section.getBoundingBox','Section.getGlobalBoundingBox', but again it's not there. It appears to be in the collection of 'CyclePoints'; when the dumper processes 'onCyclePoint' the movements data is there. From section scope you can get the number of cycle points from 'Section.getNumberOfCyclePoints', but there doesn't seem to be any access to the cycle points themselves. Is there any way to do that.?
So why? I like to do a 'Z' report in the gcode header, that tells the minimum Z value for each tool. This is a helpful setup aid, and reality check when you are machining very close to a shoulder. In the threading case often you need to machine tight up to it. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Tianq
in reply to: adamvs

Hi There,

This is a CAM related issue while not an API issue, so it is suggested that this topic is moved into CAM and you may get response there.

Or you can email the issue to cam.support@autodesk.com.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave (Qing) Tian

Sr. Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report