Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last update

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gotoaman
253 Views, 6 Replies

last update

my question is : was the last update tested before release? I ask because since this update my Fusion 360 developed frequently stalls 

with a "not responding" messages for two minutes or more.

There must be a bug in it. Yes the product works but not well.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
baribak
in reply to: gotoaman

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your trouble. If I may, some questions to help us determine what's going on:

1. Can you tell us if you're running on Windows or Mac?
  2. If Mac, did you install from Autodesk.com or the Mac Apple Store?
  3. Has the update process previously worked successfully or is this the first time?
  4. Were there any errors during this update process?
  5. Has anything changed on the system since the last update (e.g. installed new software, updated, etc.)?
  6. Can you attach your log files here so we can see what may be causing your trouble? These can be generated from within Fusion from the Help "?" menu > Fusion Diagnostic File. Additionally your streamer log file (autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log) can be found here:
  • Windows - c:\users\username\appdata\local\autodesk
  • Mac - /users/userrname/library/logs

Thanks for using Fusion. We will get this resolved for you.

Regards,

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance
Message 3 of 7
sgerrey
in reply to: baribak

Your not alone on this. Lots of threads about fusion stablilty. 

I don't think it will be the last time a update causes problems. 

Message 4 of 7
gotoaman

As mentioned the last update causes hangs and crashes... Any solutions?
Message 5 of 7
baribak

Hi,

We'd like to help you but we need to better understand what you are doing when Fusion fails.

1. Is it failing at launch?
  2. With specific modeling, etc. operations?
  3. Are you seeing CER notifications after these failures? If so, can you share the CER numbers so we can research them?
  4. What operating system are you working on? And where did you download Fusion from?

If you prefer I am more than happy to give you a call at a time & day that works for you. Feel free to send me your contact info to my company address:

kevin dot baribault at autodesk dot com

We want to resolve your issues but need more information in order to begin that process.

Thanks!

Kevin Baribault
Message 6 of 7
gotoaman

I'm working on a 64 bit Windows 10 system. I downloaded Fusion 360 through AutoDesk website while I was on a student account.

The errors are that the laptop freezes at random times and instances of use. The only error message is " Fusion 360 is not responding"

I opened mesh earlier tonight and had a "update needed" yellow flag. The message said to do the update through my browser. I don't know how to do that. Maybe I'll reinstall this weekend.
Message 7 of 7
baribak

Hi,

Thanks for the information. It seems like there may be 2 separate issues here.

First, from your description on the mesh file it sounds like it contains referenced objects. In Fusion 360 you will get a notification that objects are out of date and on the menubar you should see a yellow notification icon that you can click on and update the out-of-date objects. I'm not sure why it would have you do any updating from the browsers though. Can you take a screen shot of the error message?

Second, for the random "Fusion 360 is not responding" issue, based on your description there are several things you may want to check out:

1. What kind of network is being used?

a.  Is it a home network? A corporate or school lab network?

b.  Does it use a proxy?

c.  Are there any network redirections being used via the Hosts file or an environment setting (HTTP_PROXY)?

2. Are there other apps being used that also require network access?

3. Are you using a firewall? In Windows 10 you can specifically add applications to a "safe list" if you suspect your firewall settings may be impacting application operation.

4. When Fusion 360 becomes unstable does it generate a CER dialog?

5. Are the video drivers current? For the latest video drivers always check the manufacturer's website as Windows doesn't have the latest and greatest.

Lastly, to further analyze what may be happening can you send us your log file? To do this launch Fusion 360 and go to the Help ? menu > Diagnostic Log Files. This will create a zip file with the log files we can use to investigate. Either attach them here or send them to me directly using kevin dot baribault at autodesk dot com.

Thank you for your patience as we track this down.

Regards,

Kevin Baribault

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report