Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jointOrigin of second occurrence remains as the first occurrence

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
h_izumin
258 Views, 2 Replies

jointOrigin of second occurrence remains as the first occurrence

Hello,

At recent update, I started to experience an issue of jointOrigin coordiates.
This issue happens when two occurrences are created from one component, and use coordiate of jointOrigin.geometry.origin from each occurrence.

For some reason, coordinate of jointOrigin of second occurrence doesn't change and remains as the first one, even though GUI you can see two distinct jointOrigins, as if only this coordinate information is left behind. I never experienced this problem in previous releases.

Attached is sample code, where two occurrences are created with 1cm apart, and draw a line between jointOrigins, but end up length of line being zero.

Tried same test on originConstructionPoints, but this works fine. 

Does anyone experience the same issue ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sunil.v.b
in reply to: h_izumin

Thanks @h_izumin for reporting this bug.

I modified the script at 2 places as below and ran it in older internal build, there I was able to see that the sketch created contained a line between the Joint Origins. In recent build, am not seeing that, so this has regressed. Thanks for reporting this. We are tracking this issue with this internal ticket FUS-72531

# ~~~~~~~~~~~ jointOrigin of second occurrence with the contect
secondJoInQuestionWithContext = secondJoInQuestion.createForAssemblyContext(secondArmOccur)

# ~~~~~~~~~~~ list out points from first and second occurrence, should be 1cm apart
#targetPoints = (joInQuestionWithContext.geometry.origin,secondJoInQuestion.geometry.origin)
targetPoints = (joInQuestionWithContext.geometry.origin,secondJoInQuestionWithContext.geometry.origin)

Thanks

Sunil

Fusion Development team

Message 3 of 3
h_izumin
in reply to: sunil.v.b

Hi @sunil.v.b,

thank you very much for looking into this issue so quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report