Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any Add-in or API for conditional body generation?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jennyperlasko
104 Views, 1 Reply

Is there any Add-in or API for conditional body generation?

Hello everyone,

I have been working in an Automated system for the generation of 3d models for a window shop company. We work with parametric design and we have successfully used the parametric I/O add-in to import CSV data to create "automatically" new window models. 

jennyperlasko_1-1667052970736.png

The problem is that this Add-in only works with a pre-existing model. So, when we change the data, it will only change the bodies that are included in the preexisting model, it will not generate a new body nor erase a body.   

We want an Add-in/API that will allow us to write a conditional formula for new body generation. This is because not all windows have the same amount of parts. For example a Window with 6 muntins (parts that divide the glass) has 15 parts/bodies while a window with 0 muntins has only 7 parts. (see image reference).

jennyperlasko_0-1667052917982.png

Do you think that is possible to remove or include a new body into a model automatically if we give Fusion enough information about its geometry (Height,width,depth and place) plus a condition that can read and understand to know if a body should appear or not? 

If you know any add-in that might help us please let me know. 

Or if you think this should be specially programmed with C++ or python for us. 

Thanks for your attention,

Regards, Jenny.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
terryHCEB7
in reply to: jennyperlasko

I have been searching for going on 3 years to an answer or workaround (elegant and easy) to this this question.

So far this is all I've been able to piece together, I realize its not the whole realization of your answer but maybe a starting point?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-api-and-scripts/looking-for-help-on-developing-a-script/td...

From what I've gathered in the forums, there is no intent on adding any conditional logic to Fusion.

Best

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report