Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to save an already designed sketch/body as python script?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kleeblättchen
567 Views, 3 Replies

Is it possible to save an already designed sketch/body as python script?

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to generate a Python script out of an already existing body in the design environment.

Many thanks for your help,

Janina

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adam.nagy
in reply to: kleeblättchen

Hi Janina,

Are you looking for something like recording your steps as a script that cold be run again?

Something like what is available in e.g. Excel?
https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Automate-tasks-with-the-Macro-Recorder-974ef220-f716-4e01-b...

Unfortunately, that is not available in Fusion.

Maybe you could e.g. save the sketch as DXF (Sketch.saveAsDXF) and reuse it in other design by inserting it.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 4
ekinsb
in reply to: kleeblättchen

Hi Janina,

I'll echo what Adam said about Fusion not currently supporting a record capability to create scripts.  However, what you suggested is different in that you said that you have an existing model and want to create a script that will re-create the model.  There isn't anything currently to do this but for most models this is technically possible and someone in the community could create a program to do this using the existing API.  I don't know that anyone is thinking about or working on this but it would certainly be an interesting project.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 4 of 4
kleeblättchen
in reply to: ekinsb

Thank you very much for your help !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report