Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Image2surface-master script

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
peasther
2782 Views, 9 Replies

Install Image2surface-master script

I've never been able to get this script Image2surface to work and thought I'd have another crack? I note that it's recently been updated and converted from javascript to Python. I've downloaded it from Github but when I get into opening the file directory to suss out why Fusion can't open it, I can see the files 4.39MB, when I hover the mouse over the folder, but when I double click the folder, it's empty.

I can see the effects of the script whilst in Github, as in generate a surface map, so I believe it'll be a worthwhile addition to the Fusion 360 armoury, BUT, the devil's in the detail?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
daniel_lyall
in reply to: peasther

Remove -Master scripts from the name

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 10
peasther
in reply to: daniel_lyall

I don't think that's the issue? Tried another approach and got the downloaded folder into C:Users>paul>AppData>Roaming>Autodesk>Autodesk Fusion 360>API>Scripts>Fusion360Image2Surface-master

F360 'Scripts and Add-ins' refer to 'My Scripts' > Fusion360Image2Surface-master I click on that and 'Run' and get a new box 'Hello script' with an 'OK' button. Hit 'OK' , the box disappears and nothing happens!

Message 4 of 10
daniel_lyall

remove -master and just try it 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 10
peasther

Sorry Lyall, I did previously. I get the 'Error' message  "A single script or add-in cannot be identified in the selected folder. Please organise your programs so each script or add-in is in its own folder"...?

Message 6 of 10
daniel_lyall

I had the same problem removing -master was the only fix 

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 7 of 10
peasther

Thanks Daniel for your effort, but I'm still left scratching my head? Might try and contact Hans Kellner, the original author of the script?

Message 8 of 10
JeromeBriot

@peastherwrote:

Tried another approach and got the downloaded folder into C:Users>paul>AppData>Roaming>Autodesk>Autodesk Fusion 360>API>Scripts>Fusion360Image2Surface-master

Hello,

Fusion360Image2Surface is now an add-in (see the "type" entry in the manifest file). So you have to copy files under this directory:

C:Users>paul>AppData>Roaming>Autodesk>Autodesk Fusion 360>API>Addins>

Did you try GitHub2Fusion360? It's the easiest way to install scripts or add-ins from GitHub.

Message 9 of 10
peasther
in reply to: JeromeBriot

Jerome! well you've provided the answer in a way? Being an app and not a script got it going. Thankyou, however I was intrigued by your app, but couldn't launch it after downloading? Tried 3 times but it never appeared in Fusion Add ins? Had enough for one day, so might try again tomorrow.

Message 10 of 10
peasther

Apologies Jerome, as I was shutting the computer down, I discovered that virus protection hed prevented the launch! So, all good now. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report