Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing remote forces

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
joshferry
232 Views, 4 Replies

Importing remote forces

Is there any way to import (via scripting or other) a list of remote forces?  I am trying to simulate the deflection of a body under numerous (>1,000) spring probes.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

(p.s. I'm an electrical engineer - not mechanical!)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: joshferry

Unfortunately there are currently not any API support for the Simulation capabilities in Fusion, so what you want to do is not possible.  API support for SIM is planned but it won't be available in the short term.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 5
codereclaimers
in reply to: ekinsb

Is there an estimated timeframe for simulation support in the API?  There are a couple of addin ideas I would love to be able to try out. 🙂

Message 4 of 5
ekinsb
in reply to: codereclaimers

It's not currently on our backlog but has been discussed.  I hate to even guess about when it might be available because it would be a complete guess at this point.  I think I'm safe in saying in won't be in the next few upcoming months.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 5
codereclaimers
in reply to: ekinsb

Thanks, Brian, I figured not too many people were clamoring for it currently.  If it ever gets added, and you need people to help beat it up at any point during development, please feel free to ping me. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report