Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate script from finished 3D model

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nikita.panasiuk.knm.2020
118 Views, 2 Replies

How to generate script from finished 3D model

Good afternoon. I am a student and only a couple of weeks ago I started studying Fusion 360 and heard that the program has such a function that you can generate programming code from a finished model. Is there really such a function, and if so, where is it located and how to use it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I don't know where you heard about this functionality, but I'm not aware of anything that currently exists. Technically, it should be possible for someone to write such a program that would work on the majority of parts, but as far as I know, no one has done that.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 3

Hi Mr Nikita.Panasiuk.knm.2020

Such a "script" exists already ... although in the binary form only. It is presented in the f3d file format.

It would be a matter of developing an efficient enough vocabulary/grammar to translate it into human-readable form.

In a general case, it would be a looooong & mooooonotonous reading ... at least for Ficial Intelligences, although Artificial Ones could enjoy it in their past time while having a break from continually processing 01001100001000111.... and so periodically depriving their supposed master's essential services.

Regards

MichaelT

MichaelT

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report