Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display 3D printing slicing results in F360?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
nraynaud
179 Views, 0 Replies

How to display 3D printing slicing results in F360?

Hi all, 

I am running out of ideas, I am developing a slicer, and I want to display the results. The result consist in 3D polylines with a lot of points, and displaying them as a pipe would be best (they would catch the light and be more readable).

I have tried using TemporaryBRepManager.createWireFromCurves() but it's too slow, TemporaryBRepManager.createCylinderOrCone() is also too slow, CustomGraphicsGroups are also too slow. None of those APIs have any way for me to plug a LOD system, and I couldn't find anything that would be at the pixel level like opengl.

In despair, I started investigating using webgl in a palette, but it seems to be broken too (I might make it workish by resetting the entire webgl stack for each frame draw, I have not yet gone that far in the madness).

Does anyone have any better idea ? My ideal situation would either to have a very good quality LOD system made by someone else, or a direct access to the shader, and I'll handle the gritty stuff.

Thanks,

Nicolas.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report