Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a radio button box into a user dialog popup by python/C++ API

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lucabortolotti1984
376 Views, 2 Replies

How to add a radio button box into a user dialog popup by python/C++ API

I'm struggling to achieve an ideally really simple task. I would like to add a radio button box into a user dialog popup, as adsk.core.Application.get().userInterface.inputBox but instead of a textbox I need a radio button box (or hypothetically a combobox or other user input interfaces). Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

There are very simple dialog boxes like inputBox and messageBox.  They're customizable within a very small scope.  To support the type of customization you described, you need to create a custom command.  When the command is executed you can define the contents of your dialog by adding various command inputs to the dialog.  These include radio buttons, text fields, value fields, scroll bars, images, drop-down lists, buttons, etc.  You'll need to read up on commands and command inputs.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the reply. It's a pity for this limitation, I found commands, but for my purpose, a customBox would've been ways better!

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report